Sunday, January 4, 2015

Avoid Negativity

I saw a post on facebook about this. The guy had it completely wrong so I felt some clarification was needed. What we mean by avoiding negative thoughts isn't to ignore that you're behind on rent or that you're sick. What we mean is to change your way of thinking. Don't think "I am going to lose my job" instead think "I am going to keep my job". Also avoid thinking anything with the word "no" in them because it gets bleeped out. So thinking "I am not going to be late" becomes "I am __ going to be late". Instead try to word it differently so you can keep it a good thought. "I am going to be on time" or "I will be early".

I'm sure some of you recognize a little bit of this from my post about affirmations in may of 2013, but I felt the thought should be explained too. The reason we say to watch your thoughts is because every thought you have contains energy, especially the ones that have any emotion. Frustration, Anger, Joy, Hope. So put some hope in and say the positive mantra for what you want to happen.

A good example of this working. I tried pot once, just curious about it (I don't like it btw, it makes me feel like I'm carsick and on the tilt-a-whirl.) and a week or two later I had to take a drug test for a job opening. Everyone was worried if I would pass it or not and I was like "That was a while back, and I hardly smoked any. Whatever was in my system is surely out by now. I will pass the test."

And sure enough I did pass the test and have the job. I had no worry, I was confident that I would pass the test and kept saying that I would. My belief was strong enough to counter-act everyone's fear of me failing. I also believe that it was because the outcome would have effected only me, not them, so their statements didn't apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment