Sunday, May 26, 2013

Wand Making

I decided to try my hand at making wands. I don't know why it just struck me to make a wand one day. 




This is the first wand I made, I made this just last Wednesday on May 22, 2013. I loved the way it turned out and the feel of the handle. It was SOOO comfortable. However the wand basically was like "I hope you know I aint yours." So frustrated I wondered "Whose are you then?" I kept thinking of a local friend of mine that was just starting her collection. After snapping this picture I asked if it was hers, it called to her so loudly that she knew it was hers from the image alone. So the following Friday morning I delivered it.


The Above image is the bottom of my second wand. I decided to try to use wire wrapping and crazy glue by itself to hold the gems on. The bottom has a turquoise on it, I don't know why but that's what the wand wanted.


This is the top of the same wand, I don't know the name of the gem on it and I'm sure the image is too small to see. It's got some pale green on it. For this part I also drilled a bit of a hole in it to hold the wand on it.


And this is the full length of the second wand. It's a bit bigger than I'm comfortable with, but this one claimed me. I feel I didn't do too bad with the wire and crazy glue (need a little more practice) and I plan to begin working on carving designs into the wood. I've got me a few sticks to practice with, all of which feels like good wand sticks. One of them wants an amethyst on the end (where it has a Y at, and it wants to keep that Y). 

No comments:

Post a Comment