Thursday, May 30, 2013

Witch Bag

This idea came to me from a book I was reading. I don't remember exactly which one, but it was from the Discworld series one that had the witches in it. In the book it was called a midwifing bag and contained everything a midwife would need (and a few things she hoped she wouldn't need).

I don't carry a purse I put my phone, wallet and keys in my pockets and anything extra was carried in my hands. Then one day I thought how frustrating it was to find everything and get it together and ready to go. (I was carrying a lot at this time) and I remembered reading about the midwifing bag. So I thought "Why not make myself a Witch's Bag, it'll hold anything I need, and a few extras on occasion." and it was born.

To make a Witch's Bag all you need is a purse or tote bag from any shop. Something that is a comfortable size to you (not too small, not too bulky). I got mine at Dollar Tree and it's about half as tall as a tote bag with a little side pocket (mine is purple, but it can be any color you want). You can decorate it if you like, but it's not necessary. I plan to someday put a pentacle on that side pocket, probably one of those iron on's you can custom design.

Then put things in it you want to have handy at all times. This could be tools, journals, herbs, gems, (art) craft supplies, a book you're reading, and anything else. In mine I have a Journal to write in any visuals, a Styrofoam scrap-book to sketch in, a Steno-pad Notebook for any brainstorming, a reference book, a TINY Steno-pad for any lists I need to make, a TINY composition Notebook for correspondences, whatever book I'm reading, and a few extras from time-to-time. (Sometimes I put a drink in it and other little things I want to carry that day but won't fit in my pockets, and if I don't have pockets then it also holds my phone, wallet and keys. So mine's not strictly for witch supplies, but yours can be if you chose to.)

Now that you have your bag made, keep it in a location so that it's always handy to grab, then when you leave to go anywhere you can grab it and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment