Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grounding

AH! Another added to the millions of sources already available on the internet! Rather than going on about the importance of grounding (since most of you already know that) I'm going to try to make a list of different ways to ground. If I miss one, please let me know as I'd like to include all methods if possible.


  • Visualizing an orange tap root from the base of your spine to the center of the earth taking excess energy.
  • Placing your forehead on the floor/ground/stone.
  • Eating bread and drinking juice (cakes and ale)
  • Standing barefoot on the ground (outside of a circle, inside you won't ground as a circle contains energies)
  • Putting a bit of salt on your tongue.
  • Adult "recreation" (if you don't know what I mean, you're too young)
  • Holding a magnet, hematite or other grounding gem.
  • Hugging a tree (or reclining against it if you're shy about being seen).
  • Visualizing extra energy flowing down into the earth.
There are probably countless many more ways, this list will get you started. Again if I miss any please don't hesitate to let me know or add it in the comment section below. Now, if you know why it's important to ground you may stop reading (or continue reading if you want to see if I have my facts straight or not), if you don't I will now cover that.

After a spell/ritual, there is excess energy left over since you're unlikely to expel all of the energy during a spell/ritual. You'll feel it once you've completed your first, many react differently to it too. Some feel drunk, dizzy, weak, exhausted, hyper, fuzzy, and the list goes on. You might enjoy it for a little while, but carrying it around with you could lead to some unforeseeable problems so be sure to always ground to release any excess energy (or restore energy if you are low, since this happens too).

No comments:

Post a Comment