Monday, June 17, 2013

Sanctuary or Special Room

I'm not sure how common this knowledge is, since I don't hear about one often. You can call it whatever you like "Sanctuary", "Special Room/Area", "Working Space" or any other name that you think up. It's basically a room, building or just an area or space that you set aside just for your path. It can contain your altar, books, tools, and anything else you will use in your workings in the path. This space is usually kept cleansed and given physical as well as a spiritual boundary and only entered for workings.

Not all will have the availability to set up something like this. I know I haven't, though I do want one some day. I won't tell you how to make one, cause only you know what you will put it in, how much space you have, or even what you like.

I will give a few suggestions of what you can do within it.
Crafting - Making anything really; spell, ritual, tools, etc.
Casting - If you contain your alter in it, you can cast your circle and spells as well.
Preparation - You can prepare yourself (clothing, anointing, accessories, etc.) tools, and so much more.
Mind - You can meditate, study, or even write in your Shadows or Mirrors.
There is no limit really to what kind of path working you can do within.

For ideas of how to section it off (if it's just an area in a room) you could use the way your furniture is arranged, or room dividers. I don't have a room that I can set up just for my magickal workings, but I am considering re-arranging my bedroom (to keep my dog from smashing down the back of my futon mattress when he climbs up to look out the window) and  I just might Include a plan to set up a sacred space as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment