Thursday, June 20, 2013

Visual Quests (Intro)

I don't recall if I've said this before or not, but my visualization skills left something to be desired for the LONGEST time. I'd read about a quest, then not be able to complete it, as if I kept coming up against a brick wall! I was so frustrated and I would try regularly to do a visual quest. My problem was that I kept restarting when the visual flickered out, rather than picking up where I left off.

Have you been doing your visual exercises lately? If so, then I'm sure you've noticed an improvement on how well you can picture it, and how you are able to hold it a little longer. Have you also noticed that you are able to pick back up where the thread was lost (this skill probably comes from the folding paper trick I talked about)? It will take lots of time dedicated to practice before you are able to hold a visual for very long, or improve upon it. However, don't let that dissuade you from practicing!

I want to share with you two quests that were the first I successfully completed! They both come form Practical Solitary Magic by Nancy B. Watson (if you have the book or have read it then you're probably already familiar with them). A tiny part of me wants to share my journey with you, but it feels personal something that I'd only put in my Mirrors. Every quest will be a little different, so don't feel discouraged if you read someone's sometime and see that it's different, or you try after reading theirs and see that your quest is laid out differently.

Beneath Each quest I will give the page number and other necessary information followed by tips and advice to help you along the way. My first piece of advice is to read all of the quest (at least) before beginning. You don't have to know each individual step word-for-word to partake, you only need to know what to look for and what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment