Saturday, June 29, 2013

Magick: White, Black, Gray

There are some (Christians and similar mainly) that would say all magick is black. However I'm going to explain what I consider for each shade and perhaps give some examples to help make things clearer.

White Magick: What I consider white magick is the magick done to benefit someone else with the other's permission. An example would be if someone asked you to do some healing magick for them, or you get permission to perform magick to help the other balance their emotions.

Grey Magick: To me, grey magick is two things. Magick done for the self, and beneficial magick done without permission. I consider self-magick grey because of the controversy behind wither or not you should cast for yourself. Some consider it to be greedy and not good, while others say there is no reason you can't use magick to help yourself along. A good example of beneficial magick done without permission .. say you have a friend that is so terribly sick that you can't get permission from them to help heal them. You're not sure if they want the healing or are giving up, but you do know that they have given permission before.

Black magick: Black Magick to me is any harmful magick or manipulative magick done. Some say that there is nothing wrong with cursing someone, but I believe Karma knows the situation better than we do and can give a more Fair justice than we as humans are capable of doing. Manipulative magick is any magick that controls someone, like casting a love spell on that hot boy or asking that the teacher give you an A.

Banishing people is something I"m unsure of. At the very least I would say it is grey magick. Because one you are casting it for yourself (maybe another) and two you don't ask the permission of the one you are banishing. However it's something that occasionally is needed, and something I'd do after all mundane attempts has failed.

These definitions and explanations may not be true in your eyes, you might have a different opinion about what is white, black or grey but as I said earlier: This is how I see things. A good rule of thumb in my book, Never cast for another without their permission. You don't know if they want the results or not (look at what happened in Practical Magick when the Aunts gave her just a push in a love spell!) and you can't know the entire honest to goddess truth behind it as well as they do so you can't judge for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment